By organizing your stock well, you can save a lot of time when the item (spare part) has to be found. Therefor you can register where the item is placed in the warehouse when attaching the item to it. This is done through the Item Locations.
An example of division of a warehouse is the following:
- The stock room is divided in racks (rows of racking).
In this case, the racks are named A, B, C etc.
2. The racks are divided into sections.
01, 02, 03 etc.
3. The sections are divided into shelves.
01, 02, 03 etc.
In some cases, it can be an advantage to divide the shelves as well. This would mean that another step would be added to the guide above, where spots on the shelves are numbered.
Create Item Location
- Open the screen from the side menu.
- Click “NEW ITEM LOCATION”.
- Fill out the Item Location No. and Name.
- Choose which warehouse the location belongs to.
- If a location hierarchy is used, choose the Parent Location No.
- Click “CREATE” to save.
Marking of locations in the warehouse
When an item location has been created for an item in INEXTIA, the item should be easy to find in the warehouse as well. For that reason, it is important to mark it up as well. This can be done using a regular printer.
Using the example mentioned before, racks are marked with letters. The letters can be placed at the front of the racks. The font size must be large enough for the letters to be seen from a distance.
A small tag or paper with section numbers can be placed at the top of each section. The shelve numbers should be printed as well, so that there is no doubt about counting from the top or from the bottom shelve.