A spare part can be created in INEXTIA on the Items screen. The reason why the term item is used is so you can create other objects than spare parts. Everything that needs to be stock controlled or registered as consumption is created on this screen. Examples of data that can be registered on this screen are spare parts, lubricants, chemicals, clothing, medicines, etc.
An item can be attached to different places in INEXTIA:
- Component – when an item is attached to a component, the item will illustrate a list of parts for the component.
- Job – An item on a job shows the expected consumption and therefor what to bring when carrying out the job.
- Job history – The actual consumption will show when items are attached to a job history. This means that if the item is a stock item, the used amount will be deducted from the stock.
- Open the Items screen from the menu.
- Click on “NEW ITEM”.
- Fill out Item no. and Item name.
Other technical data can be filled out as well, as this will make it easier to differentiate the items. This will also make it easier to order new items.
- The item becomes a stock item when attaching a warehouse (stock room) to the item.
- Click “CREATE” to save the item.
The suppliers, which the item can be ordered from, are registered in the suppliers section on the screen.
Search for suppliers by clicking on the icon as showed on the screenshot above.
If the supplier is the preferred supplier, mark the “Standard Supplier” box.
Register the suppliers own item number (catalogue number) in the “Supplier Item No.” field.
Article is closed for comments.